Canna Gummy bears make for a easy micro dosing medium; something Nurse Elizabeth would approve
- Cooking Pot
- Gummy Bear Molds
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil (Refined coconut oil, solid at room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 85 Grams Packet of Flavoured Gelatin *One Jell-o Pack
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Unflavoured Gelatin (20 Grams)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sunflower / Soy Lecithin (liquid lecithin) (Optional)
- Turn your stove on low heat. In a pot, add water, the cannabis-infused coconut oil, and the sunflower/soy lecithin.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it has a consistent texture and the coconut oil has completely melted. Now, add in the flavoured gelatin and the unflavoured gelatin while continuing to stir throughout this process.
- Whisk extensively on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Make sure it does not come to a boil. But, you need to make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. (Don’t stop stirring this mixture for the entire 15 minutes)
- While leaving the pot on the element, start filling up the gummy bear moulds with a dropper (a dropper is a mini turkey baster that comes with most gummy bear molds). Make sure to move quickly. If your liquid starts to separate, it’s because the mixture has started to cool. It’s critical that you move fast otherwise the oil may separate in the pot. You need to continue whisking throughout the pouring process otherwise the mixture may start to harden and stop binding. (The secret to making great infused gummy bears is pouring the mixture into the molds as fast as possible.)
- Put the gummy bear molds into the freezer for 20-25 minutes.
Optional: Sprinkle a pinch of citric acid overtop of the finished gummy bears to make them sour! Don’t go overboard as citric acid is a preservative. Store in the refrigerator for best results.